Friday, June 4, 2010

Today this news somewhat surprised me: "ISLAMABAD: Interior Minister Rehman Malik Friday said provinces have been instructed to not to allow banned outfits to hold protests."

I was listening to the news on FM radio when the news anchor read out this piece of information. I couldn't help but shout out my annoyance. I thought "what!!! these terrorist groups are supposed to be banned. How can they protest when they are banned in the first place!!"

How come these banned groups can stage their gatherings in Pakistan when they are not even supposed to exist. These banned groups have never been anything but a nuisance for Pakistan and they were banned for a reason. Its been years since they were banned and uptil now Pakistan governement has allowed them to hold gathering for protests?! This puts a big question mark on the will of our government to eradicate this nuisance.

No comments:

Post a Comment